View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 13, 2013, 10:00 AM

First of all try and stay calm...I understand your worry I was the same way. Worrying isn't going to make things any better, I know easier said than done.
I don't know much about your diagnosis, but, I have been thru the chemo and transplant process. As far as the chemo is concerned it affects everyone differently, some people get really sick and some people don't. In my situation, I lost my hair (most people do) but that was about it. As far as a caregiver, you will probably need someone, chemo takes a lot out of you as far as strength and you wont feel like doing much until your numbers recover and you have to watch what you eat, who you come in contact with, etc. If you need help bathing, im sure the hospital will help you. I never needed help. Chemo usually affects you after your done with it. Its usually not an instant kind of thing. Youll learn to watch your numbers and when they drop is when youll start feeling it. Don't lay in the bed, get up and walk as much as you can.
My suggestion to you is.. sit the doctor down and have them explain it to you until you completely understand the process and tell them your very upset. Another thing, is your attitude ! You have to get it in your head that your gonna beat this and you will. After a couple days in the hospital and restoring my faith in God and asking for his help I had my mind made up I was gonna beat my cancer and so far im doing great . I pray everything works out for you..