View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 16, 2013, 10:53 PM

Hi Cam, very impressive that you're able to walk/jog 3.5 miles most days. I had my SCT end January for SAA. Like you still ups and downs but so far my counts look great. With the MDS I'm curious what immune suppressants you're on post transplant. I'm in Cyclosporine and MMF for immune suppression and just like when I was in the Cyclosporine after Horse ATG last March, my calf muscles really suffer while on this medication, even with magnesium supplements. This is mostly an issue at night while trying to sleep, either twitching or full blown very painful spasms, especially if I've exercised the calf muscles that day or in some cases several days prior. I stretch once warmed up & after and again before bed but it doesn't seem to help.

Have you experienced anything like this? & if yes do you have any tips?

Thank you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
I walk/jog 3.5 miles a day and most days are good... Another question to ask your doctor is how will postponing it affect you. You need to be as healthy as possible when you start this fight, and it is a fight you can and will win. I was still walking/jogging 3 miles a day the day before I went in for my BMT. So keep that in mind too.