View Single Post
Old Mon May 6, 2013, 09:21 PM

Some answers, more questions.

Hi. I haven't been having copper treatment for about three months. My GP agrees with my decision given that I required increasing steroid cover for decreasing copper doses and still felt unwell.

Long story short. My GP ordered my first blood test in months. My copper is so low as not to be measurable BUT my CBC is not ""too bad". (He didn't elaborate further and I was happy with that). Unfortunately my B12 has fallen again and I need more injections which he thinks I will need forever.

The most unusual thing and one that I have not been told about before is that my calcium level is very low. I told my GP that I had been having increasing hands spasms and cramps which I attributed to my neurological disorder but it turns out I have been getting tetany. I didn't tell him that I have also been having episodes in which I have felt my heart beating erratically which has caused me to feel faint and breathless. I have written here before about not being able to breathe and thinking I was having panic attacks but now I'm not so sure. Low calcium can cause heart arrhythmias. Perhaps I'm not suffering an anxiety disorder after all. The GP says I need this treated sooner than later. I have an appointment with a physician on Friday and will be interested in finding out the cause. I have had extremely low Vit D levels in the past which was treated but I have never had this tested again. Low Vit D can cause low calcium.

My GP seems amazed that I'm doing as we'll as I am considering my copper status. Fingers crossed that my bone marrow continues to function and my neurological condition doesn't deteriorate......so far so good

Regards

Chirley