Thread: (((MDS)))
View Single Post
Old Fri May 10, 2013, 01:09 AM
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by alawe View Post
thank you NLJabbari and Neil Cuadra very much to answering.
my wbc is very low.after bone marrow and Cytogenetic my dr tell me i have mds 5q del and low risk.now i use fefol and b12 and b6 .my wbc is coming up from 2/3 to 3/9.but the problem is i live in iran we dont have the drug and i dont have mony to buy it from another country.any way i just wanne to khnow if i dont use any drug am i die????

thank you and i am sorry i cant write and speak english well.
alawe,

Your low white count is dangerous because you could get a serious infection. Try to stay away from people who are sick. Wash your hands often. Make sure food you eat is properly cooked, refrigerated, or washed. Avoid animals if you can. These are some of the small steps you can take to protect yourself from infections.

Since you have low risk MDS you may be OK even without the drugs that you have read about. Drugs like Revlimid are used for the patients with higher risk MDS.

The sad news is that any type of MDS puts your life at risk. The good news is that many patients are able to live with MDS for years and years and years. The doctors can make predictions but nobody can tell you exactly what will happen in the coming years.

I suggest that you contact the Iranian Blood Transfusion Organization and find out what kind of information or assistance they can give you. They might also be able to tell you about other organizations in Iran that can help you.