View Single Post
Old Thu May 16, 2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
When will they pull blood again ?
As far as I know a week from today. Cycle ends 0n 5/19, have an apt w/ my heme on 5/23. I feel good. If I start feeling weak or lousy then they'll probably take blood. Keeping fingers crossed I continue to tolerate this as well as I have. Thanks for the well wishes! on my way for round 4.

Round 4 cycle 1 is in the books. No problems yet, 3 to go. It takes around 30 minutes for the infusion. It can take longer waiting for the pharmacy to send the Meds up to infusion. Since each Vidaza treatment and many chemos cost thousands of $$, they wait till you get there to make it, so depending on how busy the pharmacy dept is making these concoctions my experience is any where from 1/2 hour to an hour. If they prepare it beforehand and people cancel they end up throwing the drug away, hence they don't cook it up ahead of time. I believe Vidaza costs 3k+ per day so for a 7 day cycle that's 22,000, I think Dacogen is more expensive like 50k for a 5 day sprint. I'd much rather skip the treatment and get a BMW or similar really nice car, maybe a house even but it don't work that way...

Last edited by sbk007 : Thu May 16, 2013 at 02:11 PM.