View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 25, 2013, 04:48 PM

PRCA

Hello. I am so sorry. I hope you find answers soon. Anyway, I have PRCA. Mine is secondary to Parvo virus infection. It is known to cause PRCA but other viruses also maybe can cause PRCA. Does your child has fever frequently, a symptom of infection? Dr. needs to eliminate infection especially if the patient has to take cortisteroid and immune suppresants. IVIG may help to get rid of Parvo virus infection. My theory is long term infection of any kind can affect your auto immune system. T cells, B cells became so hyperactive that they started attacking self (RBC included). I read that your child has some type on antibody disorder. B cells produces antibodies. If they became abnormal, it may have negative effect. There is so much to know but it is good to focus on finding and learning more what may have caused your child to be ill. Right now, she has diagnoses to explore. Best regards.
PRCA, infected by Parvovirus. Took Prednisone 20-60 mg/day for 6 mos., Cyclosporine 100- 200mg/day for 6 mos., Exjade 1000-2500 mg/day current, Warfarin 3-4mg/day, Cyclophosfomide 50 mg/day for 4.5mos., Campath for 2.5 mos, Danazol 200-400 mg/day for 6 mos. Currently- Rituximab for 4 wks.