View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 17, 2013, 09:22 PM

Thumbs down

Well... the itchy nodules continue to appear ... now there are many on my face, and others coming on my shoulder, torso and body. They start as an itch and then when I scratch, they hurt. I am not taking any meds and latest results show Hb 92, Neutrophils 3.4 and Platelets 180. All three are trending downwards since the nodules first appeared in April. Blasts, Teardrop and Elliptical Cells starting to appear in bloodwork.
My GP referred me to a Dermatologist, and a skin biopsy shows that the nodules are related to my "blood disorder", MDS. Therefore, the Dermatologist says he can do nothing ... that this is a Hemo problem that requires treatment of the underlying condition. I am so frightened and feel like a freak with these lumps on my face, and so itchy. Has anybody heard of anything relating to skin with untreated MDS before?
DX MDS RA Low Risk August 2012. DX Changed to MDS RAEB1. Progressed to AML July 2013. Participated in clinical chemo trial CPX351 and relapsed four months later in March 2014. Maintenance chemo -VIDAZA (AZA) stopped after 4 rounds. Awaiting full report from BMB.