View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 19, 2013, 03:57 PM

Skin Biopsy Suggests Leukemia Cutis

Today I asked for a copy of the skin biopsy report and as I had thought, it is recommending further bone marrow and skin biopsies but it also gives a diagnosis that suggests Leukemia Cutis. I am not surprised, but somehow, seeing this in writing confirmed my worst fears, for I had wondered if my Low Risk MDS was progressing to AML. Everything I have read about skin and MDS pointed in that direction, but I so wanted to be wrong in this case!
I see my Hematologist on Tuesday and will have lots of questions but in the meantime, want to remind you to not ignore any new or different symptoms you may notice - I had red itchy spots on my neck back in April and the condition changed over time. I'm not sure of what is happening from here, but I must try to be strong for my family's sake.
DX MDS RA Low Risk August 2012. DX Changed to MDS RAEB1. Progressed to AML July 2013. Participated in clinical chemo trial CPX351 and relapsed four months later in March 2014. Maintenance chemo -VIDAZA (AZA) stopped after 4 rounds. Awaiting full report from BMB.