View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 15, 2013, 01:31 PM

Dacogen,Vidaza, SGI112,whatever, they all demethylate DNA. The thinking being that the methyl groups bound to DNA prevents gene expression. When the methyl groups are released they do express themselves. Green Tea is known to demethylate but unfortunately not an option for a fix. I don't think taking 400 mcg of folic acid could hurt but any vitamin in high doses can do more harm than good especially the fat soluble Vities.A,E,D,K and whatever.. Thanks for the post I'm going to ask my doc about it. On another note when I was first diagnosed my platelets were at 80k, having tested Vit D deficient twice (not by much), I started taking 1000 IU a day.
Without any treatment my platelets rose to 140k and never dipped below 130k, until I started Vidaza and hit "Nadir" but still 110,000. I have doubts whether or not the Vit D was the reason for the rise but my doc says it cant hurt to take 1000IU. When I asked my GP why he didn't take a vitamin D test he said he assumes everyone in the northeast is deficient, and when I asked the rocket scientist @ Cornel-Weil he said no one goes in the sun anymore..
Regards, Steve