View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 16, 2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBob View Post
We are happy to see the move up with Dean's Platelets, that was a big jump with only 4-6 units. That is really something to Smile about. Single donor is by far the best, I inquired about them as was told they are difficult to get.

WBC 1.3 up
RBC 3.4 up
HGB 10.0 up
PLTS 10 down Received 12 units on Tuesday and will get another 12 tomorrow.

Remember, faith and hope is powerful.

Our love and prayers to you and Dean,

Bob and Dru MagicBob

Hi Bob and Dru,

We never realized how lucky we have been, the last two platelet transfusions have been single donor. It is discouraging when the counts don't go up after receiving transfusions, hopefully the 12 units today will make a difference!

Dean and I are constantly thinking and worrying about the next lab day and what his counts will be. When they go up just a little, we are happy, when they don't improve, we can't help but feel discouraged.

Dean is scheduled for a type and cross match at 8:00 a.m., then transfusions at 11:30 a.m. Thankfully our hospital is only three miles away, so we come back home in between.

We try to keep having hope and faith, some days are easier than others.

Thank you for the love and prayers, Dean and I always keep you and Dru, Billy and Tina, and many others in our thoughts and prayers. Much of our hope comes from our prayers.

Sending you and Dru our love and lots of (((hugs)))) today!

Patti and Dean
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013