View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 2, 2013, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey View Post
Thanks for the replies

The registrar didn't give me a percentage of living or dying with a SCT, he just talked about the negative, that being dying, then being positive or just not saying anything at all. This was about 5 mins after receiving news of my MDS. So was still a bit in shock. But you have given me something else to look up.

Chirley I have read many of your posts and find them very informative..thank you. I have thought of going privately and asked the registrar last appt, but he said the consultant was one of the best, it's just I don't see him. The "doom and gloom" registrar has gone off on another rotation so will have some one else in September. I will ask again and see how it goes this time and probably do as you suggested, if I am not satisfied.

I did meet my Leukaemia co-ordinator last visit who gave me info about the phone chat. I will consider it when we get a land line as I only have a pre paid mobile at the moment.

Does anyone know anything about my other question about del 5q 7t?

Thanks again all. I really appreciate it.

Honey
Honey, I notice you are from Perth Western Australia. My partner Paul was under the care of Julian Cooney at Royal Perth Hospital. It can be frustrating at times when you only get to see the Registrars, and they seem to be of varying degrees of informative.

I understand that Royal Perth Hospital is the only place in Western Australia that deals with SCT.

You can contact me privately if you would like to chat more.

Sandi
Sandi, partner of Paul 62, diagnosed MDS Intermediate 2; July 2012. Pancytopenia, Cytogenetics -7 +8 Chromosomes. Low Blast cell count. Currently on EPO & G-CSF and having great response. MUD found will be admitted to Royal Perth Hospital 27 March 2013 to start SCT process.