View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 28, 2013, 10:31 PM

Heather,

I think that I have posted about an e-reader for Doug so he doesn't have to take his germy books. Also, I switched our Netflix to streaming for him. I was delighted to find out that we can both watch that at once on two different devices.

He is not one for games or puzzles so those are out, but he is taking a pad and pencil for writing and doodling.

He is supposed to do stretching exercises, 60 minutes of activity--walking or biking--every day no matter what!!!! He also is supposed to take two baths a day. Sooooo, I don't think he will have a whole lot of downtime or get that bored. Of course I will be there for comic relief The other day when he was getting a blood transfusion his call button was broken. I told him to repeat after me, "Yo, nurse!" The nurses thought it was hysterical and so did I. But he told me to go shopping. So not sure how much relief I will be!!!! Got to keep your sense of humor.

He goes in tomorrow for one round of platelets and will probably get the rest when he is admitted Monday. He has to be at 50 for them to put in his port. We haven't seen that number for some time.

Good luck to you. We will have to compare notes.

Deb