View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 3, 2013, 07:34 PM

Hi, I'm not making any comments about copper metabolism, it's too complicated for me. Even the haematologist and Prof of Metabolic Medicine said that the whole process has not yet been researched and they were not fully informed.

The one thing that the Prof did say that in some people with malabsorption problems and therefore have low copper, the enterocytes take up more zinc and this explains why some people who don't take exogenous zinc still have high levels. He also said that it's impossible to have a low zinc diet (I was going to try anything).

As for my news.......Hb fell from 152 to 110 in 7 days, neuts are 0.9 but WCC is 3.9 because for the first time ever my lymphocytes are high. I have had below normal lymphocytes my whole life and they have never responded to infections etc so I don't know why they have suddenly jumped. I am having another blood test on Monday and see where we go from there.

I'm hoping the lymphs have risen due to some virus or something (feel okay). I was told a few years ago that sometimes chronic lymphopenia can be a fore runner to a lymphoproliferative disease and as Azacitadine is also associated with causing lymphomas etc it is a little concerning but there's nothing I can do until next weeks test. Fingers crossed it's just a glitch.