Thread: Blasts in blood
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 9, 2013, 09:12 PM

Wanted to thank everyone, for thier support thru the last year, allthough Tina and I knew what we were up against we shielded everyone around us from what we talked about with our Leukemia Doctor the very first time we met with her, and I would try to keep things on a positive note when posting on here. How I would like people who read this thread and the other one I started with is, we were not the norm when it came to an AML diagnosis, so dont use Tina as a guage when it come to yourself or someone you know, the odds were stacked against us from the start, even though we didnt understand why and were angery at times, we knew we were truly blessed with what time we had, the last year has been hard, but we chose to live it up while we had the chance, the road ahead will be difficult, but me and my son will get thru this. Tina passed away Tuesday October 8th in the early morning hours, she was sleeping and at peace. I want to thank ya'll for all the love and suppot......Billy
Billy - Husband of Tina: 31 years old at dx - June 2007 - Stage 3 Breast Cancer - Dec 2008 Stage 4 - Brain and Bone - Nov 2012 - Therapy Related AML. Curently on Decitabine for Therapy Related AML and Herceptain for ongoing Breast Cancer. Weekly transfussions of blood and platelets