View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 12, 2013, 12:52 PM

Chirley

Your not deranged, as I said before we probably all go through this at some stage. The last few days of back to back to back appoints with hospitals and doctors for my dvt paid a toll on me. You go to one doc he says one thing you go to another and he says something else you don't know what to believe and sometimes you do think you are going mad. Some make out it is serious some treat it as nothing.

I went to my orthopaedic surgeon for my 3 month follow up and he didn't want to talk to me about my knee because of my dvt and was telling me to go and get an xray for my chest because I was having breathing problems,
( he still charged me for the consult though). As many times I told him I tried to make an appointment that day but I already had so many appointments to fit it in, and still had to go for my injection in one hour which was at 4.45, and everything shuts after 5pm on a Friday. He still didn't let up when I was at reception paying, that I just had a mini breakdown, tears welled up and I just walked out, leaving poor Bjay at the counter with the aftermath and the bill. I was trying to make him understand that people are not just going to move appointments for me! Anyway long story short they rung ahead and got me in at the hospital I was at, and probably just as well as they found a large clot in both sides of my lungs. The radiologists were very concerned and wanted to get an ambulance to transport me to another hospital, but we got their on our own. They did ring ahead and tell them the emergency and their concern, but when I got their I was told their was nothing they could do, and to go home and rest. Here we go again. Frustrating!!!

On another note, the clot probably explains my previous posts about breathlessness etc, it wasn't my haemoglobin, or the thought that I had whooping cough, I probably had this clot for over a month now. It was just as well my leg swelled up.

Chirley, Docs do not see all that goes on in our lives, from the appointments, to work, to family to everything else we juggle. Sometimes we just need someone to talk to as well, that understand.

Get well soon Chirley, send me a PM and let me know how you are doing. I am their if you want to vent.

Honey
Dx June 2013 MDS del 5q and 7t. Further chromosone changes August 2017. Lenolidomide and 10 months on Azacytadine failed. Transition to AML August 2018 failed induction chemo. Trial drug FT2101 failed at 6 months. Next on Venetoclax with cytoterabine.