View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 22, 2013, 04:07 PM

Dave,

Good to hear that you are progressing. Not put out for the catheter!!! What a man

Get used to that waking up thing and the alarms going off. Doug said that was REALLY hard to get used to.

But, I wanted to tell you some good news to look forward to on your journey. Doug was released from the hospital on Sunday--4 days before the best expected date. He is doing really well. There are, of course, a few issues. But all in all things are good.

He went back to the hospital today for his first post transplant visit as an outpatient. His numbers are good. His platelets were over 200!!! We have not seen that number at all. He is feeling better and better every day. His appetite is coming back and he is walking over an hour every day. I think that alone has made a HUGE difference. So haul yourself out of bed whenever you can.

He has not been taking in enough liquids. His loving nurse tried to point that out to him on several occasions. Today he needed an hour and a half of fluids. Nuff said! I think he will be drinking more!

Here is to continued success. I know you will do well.

Prayers from Doug and me.

Deb