View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 31, 2013, 02:30 AM

Cyclophosphamide Post Transplant

Does anyone have experience or know of anyone who has been given Cyclophosphamide after BMT to prevent GVHD?

Once again we met with a BMT Doctor to discuss possible MUD BMT for my son. This is our third visit and thankfully it went quite well. The Dr. was very thorough in explaining various options and his overall recommendation.
He explained that given all the factors as they apply to my son's present condition, he felt that our best option at this time would be to treat with Solaris for PNH. He feels that a BMT is more than likely something that my son will need in the near future (1-2 years), but given the fact that the 4 "Potential" 9/10 possible donors are all a mismatch at the DRB1 Marker, he feels that the chance for GVHD greatly increases. He mentioned that currently, some centers are having some success with Cyclophosphamide post Transplant to prevent GVHD, but that not enough transplants using this method have been performed to claim victory. He believes that in a couple of years there will be a better understanding and possibly other options for transplants as well.