View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 3, 2013, 01:16 AM

Hello DD

I read your posting about being overwhelmed, and it caught my eye.

In few days I will be 11 months old after my allogenic bone marrow transplant I received Dec2012. In July 2012 I was 36, healthy, active, fit, working full time, and all of the sudden I got diagnosed with MDS intermediate risk-2. The roller coaster started and it is still going.

I placed my trust in the two doctors I was given, I went through few cycles of Vidaza, blood transfusions, preparations and pre-testings for the BMT and then finally I received my BMT (sister donor) and then extra long recovery with more transfusions. For me there was no time to think, compare and weigh in options, it had to be done asap. And what a ride it has been!

I have 3 other BMT friends, two of which had unrelated donors, and one using his own cells next week. We all have different diagnosis, different side effects, different results. But what is in common with all of us, is that the worry, concerns, fear, overwhelmed feelings was something we felt and still feel and go through, but we got a second chance in life because of the transplant.

I sincerely wish all the best to you and your husband, he has a great potential to bounce back. We are here to help!