View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 17, 2013, 07:27 AM

D+17 Released to Hope Lodge

Well it came sooner rather than later, but I've been discharged to Hope Lodge NYC (Cancer.org):

http://www.cancer.org/treatment/supp...t-our-facility

It's a free outpatient hotel (Similar to Ronald McDonald House) but for adults... I'm booked there through January 15th, 2014... Your allowed to leave here and there for visits, and visitors are allowed... I am incredibly impressed, it truly feels like we are staying at a 4 star hotel...

They loaded me up Friday with an additional RBC transfusion (was at 7.7 HGB) taking me to 8.4 HGB...

I have 4 appointments next week Monday thru Friday, and I kept my catheter in, for easy of transfusions (2 hours vs. 4 hours other wise)...

I'm on four medications (pills), and separately will receive anti-fungal every other day thru IV as outpatient...

Thank you all so much for your support and Prayers, God Bless.
Married, father of three daughters; now 46; diagnosed w/ Major form MDS 6/18/2013; had low counts across the board; Multiple chromosome abnormalities; Finished 2nd round Dacogen 9/13; SCT - Oct. 31, 2013; Sibling match 10/10 ; 5.5% blasts down to 3%, now 1% (post BMT)