View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 12, 2014, 04:51 PM

Deb, I can only imagine how difficult your role as caregiver must be. If Doug has moments during the day when he's feeling even slightly up to it, encouraging him to get up, move around, fix himself breakfast or lunch...would be really good for both of you, may help you find time for yourself & help avoid burnout.

I wonder if it might be helpful for you if someone on his team suggests this to Doug, perhaps a nurse or social worker?

I'm pretty independent and preferred to cook my own dinner as I knew what I'd eat and didn't want to subject my hubby to my last minute appetite changes. But I'll admit for breakfast & lunch, I really appreciated letting my hubby get these for me and sometimes relied on him when i pribably didnt need to instead of doing it myself. When he returned to work after 3 months & I had to get these myself every day, I figured out ways to take care of these on my own, even if I was really tired.

I'm so sorry the Dr wasn't more accepting with the Myfortic. My transplant docs were the most experienced transplant docs at my clinic and top researchers & although I had to push for it, they confirmed there was no difference between the two. But perhaps Doug's Doc is more comfortable with Cellcept. Does he take Omeprozle (Prilosec) to help his stomach issues? This also helped me some.

Best,