View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 14, 2014, 06:09 PM

Day + 7 BMT 27 year old daughter

Hi everyone !
We are Day + 7 and still going pretty good . We are thankful that the day hospital offers a little lunch if you want one ... Amy has eaten a turkey sandwich since Oct 1 everyday !! lol

I think she thinks if she eats she is going to feel better even when shes not feeling well . She is still drinking pretty good too !!

Dr. Hari came into the room today and said , This next few days are going to be her really bad days ... and yes today seemed like it was one of those bad day she just couldn't seem to get comfortable benadryl didn't put her to sleep today.

Because Amy is taking phenobarbital for her seizure it messes with her pro-graft levels so we are having to beef up the levels she is receiving it in an IV forum to make sure she gets enough and we are also taking it at our apartment home lol in the evening . FK level was 4.9 today yahoo getting closer to what he would like to see .

Amy has also become allergic to pro- graft and we are having to give benadryl to help with the hives seems to be working so far ..

She also get IVIG treatments once a week .
Since this has all started she has on had to have 4 units of blood so far .

She has a little cough and they are calling it chemo cough. for those of you who have been through a BMT/SCT you know what i'm talking about that thick junk in the back of the throat .

Her body aches and maybe seems a little more tired but doesn't nap I guess that's the youth in her .

Just wanted you all to know how our day + 7 was going thanks to our fantastic team of Doctors and nurses and all praise to the Lord !
Thank you to every single one of you who are rooting and praying for us THANK YOU !
Sue and Amy