View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 15, 2014, 10:59 AM

An attempt at humor. You are questioning low cholesterol, my doctors think it is fine so they would not be able to help you.

Our cholesterol levels are on par with hunter gathers. So is this better or worse than levels among our over fed society. Arguments favor both. I favor levels of those with the "heart healthy diet chase them down folks".

Some sick people have low cholesterol. Is it low because they are sick, or are they sick because it is low. Arguments favor both.

I can't think of any of the problems you mention except I had a stent in my LAD, probably due to prior bad eating habits. Cardiologist thought arteries looked much younger than 74.

Both your conclusions are right, but which is more correct?

Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker69 View Post
Ray,

I am not sure what you mean by, "I don't think you need him."

Regardless, while your Dr. may think low cholesterol is good, cholesterol in the range that you and I have are associated with depression, suicide, uncontrollable anger, strokes, heart-failure, and a whole host of other maladies, including difficulty in thought processes.

Beyond those factors, since cells (including all forms of blood cells) need cholesterol to form properly, low cholesterol means that a basic building block in our blood cell lineages are nowhere near optimal.

As such, it is a significant concern of mine. Perhaps your Dr. is not up on the research on the topic? Or, alternatively, my Dr.'s are simply worry-worts.

Again, thank your for your thoughts and help!