View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 7, 2014, 08:16 AM

Thank you for the response. My dad weighs 120lbs. He went to the doc yesterday and he does feel he's having side effects from the cyc. His kidney levels have gone up again so they told him to not take the cyc until Saturday and then to drop to 400mg/day. He goes back on Tuesday to see the doc again and recheck blood work. His hgb was 11 so for the first time in awhile he didn't have to get blood. Just platelets and fluid. Everything else was the same, WBC dropped to 1.1. Does this mean the cyc is working? As far as the doc goes, this is his second hematologist he's seen. The first one who did the BMB in July, couldn't figure out what was the problem and referred him to this doc. His new doc is the one to diagnose him with AA and definitely knows more than the last but I don't know how much experience he has with AA. I told my mom to ask him how mant patients he's treated with AA and she wouldn't. She's very old school, do whatever your doc says and don't question. I just want to make sure he's getting the best treatment possible.