View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 27, 2014, 06:38 PM

Julianna, I am curious how your fungal pneumonia started out? I just sent an email to my Dr. describing how I have felt these last two weeks. Seems it could be early stages.

My situation:
1) dry cough seems stable and responds well with cough medicine. It is tolerable, but hasn't improved since our last visit.

2) fever, my normal for last six months has been 97.5. Temperature has consistently been close to 97-98 in the mornings (no medication) and gets to 99-99.5 (no medication) before going to bed. I have been sleeping well with Delsym night time cough and cold (Acetaminophen 650 mg, Diphenhydramine 25mg, Phenylephrine 10 mg). I take my temperature three times during the night and temperature has consistently hovered around 98.0-98.5.

3) Mild chills which are manageable with over dressing.

4) Shortness of breath. After almost any exertion I notice I am breathing hard.

5) I do not have a "running nose" or feel any congestion.

6) I do not have sweating or chest pains, I have some muscle ache but tolerable.

7) I sleep about 11 hours at night (usually 8 hours) and have taken (I normally never take naps) long naps about every other day.

It seems as though my blood has responded very well. My HGB, HCT, PLT, RBC, WBC and Neutrophils are at post-SCT highs (12-23 CBC). The "whites" and Neutrophils seem to be working well. I will let you know if anything changes before our appointment on January 2.

Thank you,