View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 29, 2014, 03:33 PM

Cyclosporine and Kidney Function

Hello all! I am back for some advice. My husband has had a rough December. He had pneumonia, was put on Levaquin- which he was on for months at the start of the AA journey, and his kidneys and tendons reacted severely. His creatinine was at 2.26 and has fallen down to 1.9. Today is was back up to 1.97. His cyclosporine dose is 400 mg daily and his troughs have been acceptable. before the bout with pneumonia, his creatinine was about 1.6 ish. I am wondering if we should lower the dose? Also, we were alarmed today with a drop in platelets. His counts last week were wbc 2.2, hemoglobin 10.7, platelets 59, anc 1144. Today: wbc 2.3, anc 1044, hemoglobin 10.9, and platelets 45. Should we be concerned by such a drop in platelets? He is really upset today. Worrying about relapse and kidney function. I should send a message to his doctor I guess. This is so hard, waiting for every blood test..... hoping for improvement and crushed to see decline. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Melissa