Thread: Neutropenia
View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 22, 2015, 06:00 AM

Yep, still in hospital but being discharged tomorrow afternoon. J Tube insertion went well. Feeds needed tweaking because the tube was inserted further down the Jejeunum and the osmolality was causing problems. So noW I've been moved from 1.5cal/ml at 72ml/hr for 14 hrs a day to 1cal/ml at 110ml/hr for 14hrs a day so basically I'm gone from 1l a day to 1.5l a day to stop bloating and cramping and dumping. It's all a matter of tweaking rates etc.

So grateful to have my nasal tube out. Now, just to get some swelling down from my legs.......I had to be given an albumin infusion on Monday night post op when my BP crashed along with a few litres of hypertonic solution and my legs swelled up and it just doesn't want to go away. My BP is sitting at 80 systolic most of the time now despite steroids etc but does still drop to 70 at times yet I'm full of fluid...I can't figure it out.

Anyway, when I get home I'm sure I can try to mobilise a bit more and shift some of the fluid. I wonder how they would ever be able to measure my actual weight without the extra fluid but hey, that's the dietitians problem.

Thanks for asking.