View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 8, 2015, 07:00 AM

Hi and sorry we have to meet this way.. I had MDS that transformed to AML. I have had numerous biopsies and most with very little to no neutrophils. Even before my chemo, my neutrophils were less than 0.1, and after my induction chemo my marrow never regenerated so before starting neupogen, my neuts were 0. I was never told having no neuts meant I couldn't have a BMB, however I always had platelets prior.

After my first round of chemo, i was 5-6 weeks in hospital before being told though my bone marrow wasn't working I still wasn't in remission. Second round, my bone marrow never kicked in either but I was declared in remission & went straight to transplant.

Not sure if this is helpful.. But I wish you all the best! I understand how awful it is waking up every morning waiting to see if your neutrophils have even increased the tiniest amount! Hang in there