View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 29, 2015, 11:09 AM

My husband had a SCT over 5 years ago. He had no blasts and normal cytogenetics. His diagnosis was RARS. His donor was his sister, his only sibling, and she was a perfect match. I noticed on another thread you asked about neuropathy. My husband has none. His only complaints are infrequent dry mouth and dry eyes. He did have tightness in his hands where the tendons in the palm of his hands were rigid. This subsided a few years ago. He hasn't taken any prescription drugs for over 3 years. This transplant has been a total success. It is wonderful that they are doing SCT so soon after diagnosis. My husband suffered with MDS for over 10 years before his transplant. My husband is 70 years young and you would never guess it to look at him. This has been a new lease on life. We thank the Lord everyday.
Mary, wife of Mike age 70; diagnosed MDS RARS 1999. Tried Vidaza, Revlimid, and Dacogen. SCT 10/1/09 at U of MI; induction FluBu2; sister perfect match donor. 5 years out, little to no GVHD. Off all meds. God is good