Thread: 35 and MDS
View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 29, 2015, 06:19 PM

I always read these threads even though I do not respond. I am thankful for each of you sharing your story. I have been home from work since pretty much August of last year (anesthesia) just because of shortness of breath and passing out with a slew of other ailments. I know who doesn't want their nurse anesthetist passing out during a procedure? 😁 I have officially been diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. (Also called orthostic intolerance or autonomic dysfunction) Basically I stand up and my heart rate jump to 130-210. I was told for years I was "high strung" and "anxious" and I was blaming it all on anemia and sepsis last year. I am wondering do any you have any other strange or rare diseases that coincide with your MDS? I truly believe that God will not give me more than I can handle.
Sunny age 36 diagnosed Jan 2014 with low grade MDS. Recurrent infections: GI, pyelonephritis and sepsis, then lower GI bleed. PoT syndrome January 2015. WBC 4, RBC 2.6, Hgb 9 Hct 27 platelets 62 MCV 107. Watch and wait. 11/15 BMB showed del(13)(q12-q14)