View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 25, 2015, 11:04 AM

Thank you Dan. Your comments really help. I can identify completely with your sleep/tiredness. My experience has been as you described.

The Vidaza information you have seen is interesting. It is similar to the studies I have read (and probably the same ones). The Vidaza brought my donor cells back to 100 percent, no trace of leukemia and no mutations before the beginning of my 3rd cycle. It is the hope that the donor vs. leukemia effect will be strong enough to take care of the leukemia. It will be interesting to see how long my Dr. keeps me on the Vidaza. The big question I have would be if a Vidaza maintenance program (5 days -6 weeks) would be beneficial or would a person's body become immune to the benefits of the Vidaza and relapse again. Or, would it be better to do as you are doing and stay away from the Vidaza until relapse might occur again. I doubt if there are any studies available that could answer that.

Again, thank you and best for you.