View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 7, 2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyn11 View Post
Yep, 3rd time since Memorial Day. This time it was for Fever and Chills. I actually was feeling fine other than having 101 fever and chills. They were never able to figure out the source, nothing grew from the samples they took. They finally let me go home today with 2 oral antibiotics. Hopefully I will be able to stay home until my STC, which now looks to be in 3 weeks. I think there is more of an urgency now since my neutrophils are zero and I keep getting sick.

Only had 2 rounds of Vidaza, which just managed to destroy the few neutrophils I had left. They will do no more. Will get chemo for a week at City of Hope before the SCT. Hopefully I will be completely well by then.
Thats great that you are home and they are moving quickly to the transplant. Have they done a bone marrow biopsy to make sure you are in remission? My dad had one last week after 3 cycles and showed improvement but not exactly what Dr. M wanted to see. Dysplasia is still seen in all 3 lines.
Daughter of father diagnosed with MDS RAEB-II intermediate risk due to normal cytogenetics. Blasts at 13% peripheral blood at diagnosis with no cytopenias. 6 cycles on Vidaza then on to SCT at Duke. BMT from my brother and now showing signs of relapse. DLI in the works.