View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 18, 2015, 12:48 PM

What's the pneumonia - can they treat it before the transplant? I used to be really healthy before the MDS - at least so I thought - it seems to generally slowly weaken you and makes you more vulnerable to other ailments - really tired of the whole thing. Hopefully the pneumonia won't hold you back and your health will generally improve after the transplant.

I try to stay positive - but rest assured I have some pretty dark moments. Its great that there are other potential donors out there - they didn't find any matches for me in just searching the registry - they had donors go in for further testing who they could not rule out as matches - but hadn't been tested sufficiently to be able to determine they were a match - it seemed very unlikely at the time that we'd find a match - hence the focus on a chord transplant. We were very surprised they found a match. The stem cell doctor described it like winning the lottery .

Let me know how it goes with your getting a donor and with your hematologist.

Best,
p
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015