View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 23, 2015, 03:40 PM

Transplant adventure continues

Hi All -

Woke up Monday with a little wheezing - then quickly serious trouble breathing - wheeled down for Cat Scan - uncontrollable shaking - good to be back in room - but still feeing terrible - Foley catheter (even worse than I'd imagined it'd be) moved down to ICU - infection, pneumonia, "think maybe you need a respirator... oK just this horrible machine that forces you to breath via a thing around your nose and mouth, drifting in and out.... liver and kidney numbers very bad - maybe from infection, chemo or both....have know idea what drugs I'm getting - can't - though I could deal with anything but feeling unsure who much worse it could get... by end of day could breath without mask, just an uncomfortable thing forcing air up my nose. Next morning needed less air, let me out of bed - could hardly stand (how can this be, I'm a bad ass, never need help I can do it myself...except for now. Next day.. bacteria gone, liver and kidney numbers all pretty good, feel good.. can walk, eat, tubes and wires gone - watching them wheel the box out of the ICU very sobering.. back to transplant unit - like coming home - everyone so kind and happy to see me... phew.

Very scary couple of days but glad to be feeling better and to get out of the ICU on Yom Kippur feels very good. Glad to still be alive.

Back to engrafting Day Zero Plus thirteen....

Best to everyone
P
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015