View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 27, 2015, 11:28 AM

Hi, Alyasa!

Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate your thoughts and how much research you put into your comment! We, too, have heard a number of different theories on how exactly Vidaza works, and it makes it difficult to know what is happening during treatment. I think the main thing we have learned is that MDS is not a single "problem" but a group of contributing problems which are present in varying amounts in different people so for some Vidaza fixes their primary problem whereas in others it doesn't.

I can't tell you how much I miss Birgitta! She was just a wonderful source of support and knowledge for everyone and such an elegant, compassionate, and intelligent lady!

Unfortunately, for my dad, Vidaza has been discontinued. His blast count and WBC continue to rise and his Hgb and platelets are now falling. If the Vidaza had a partial effect, it simply was not enough to prevent his transformation to AML. We are just hoping he will be comfortable and able to avoid lots of complications in the next few weeks.

I hope your father is doing well on Vidaza and able to enjoy a full quality of life, and I wish you both all the best in the future!