Thread: New BMB results
View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 24, 2015, 02:42 PM

New BMB results

I just had my second BMB done in two years because of some recurrent infections with the MDS that led to pancytopenia. The doctor called and said that my first one two years ago showed mild dyplasia and this one looked as if it was leaning toward ITP until cytogenics came back with a del(13)(q12q14). This is new but he didn't seemed too alarmed. I will receive the full report in a week or so and will be getting lab work drawn routinely to follow the counts. I know this is a rare deletion and after searching the site there has only been two other people I could find that has mentioned this and they had AA and lymphoma.
Has any one else had evolution of their MDS to add in clonal abnormalities? Thanks in advance for your knowledge to help in any way.
Sunny age 36 diagnosed Jan 2014 with low grade MDS. Recurrent infections: GI, pyelonephritis and sepsis, then lower GI bleed. PoT syndrome January 2015. WBC 4, RBC 2.6, Hgb 9 Hct 27 platelets 62 MCV 107. Watch and wait. 11/15 BMB showed del(13)(q12-q14)