Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 30, 2015, 09:22 PM

Thanks Cheryl and bailie -- the search for up to date info is really difficult. I am just trying to wrap my head around this whole thing without feeling like I am drowning. We met with the Doctor yesterday and it was a really disappointing visit. Usually the numbers trend upwards right before the round of Vidaza begins. That did not happen this time. The WBC was 4.0, RBC 3.31, hgb 8.4 and platelets 50. During the Vidaza, the numbers plummet so Dr. Said to expect lots of blood products in the next few weeks. He fears the Vidaza is not working and the disease may be progressing at a quick rate. Biopsy scheduled for week if 18th. Then we will see what the next course of action will be.
In the initial BMB his blast count was 5%. We were warned at that time that inversion Chromosone 3 has a poor prognosis and he MDS could change to AML in a short period of time. Husband is 64 and was in good health but is having aFib and has been on a parade of antibiotics for skin rashes and a severe cough.