View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 5, 2016, 08:18 PM

Help with Test Results

So my pretests for the sct are coming in and I was hoping someone could help me understand them. Most of the results are in the normal range or just a little or low, but these stand out, the last number is my value.

LDH <=180 IU/L 704
TRIGLYCERIDE <=149 mg/dL 261
FERRITIN 13 - 126 ng/mL 2896

Even though my ferritin is incredibly high, my iron, iron binding capacity and iron sat were all in normal range. Also back in Sept when I was originally scheduled for my transplant was the last time these were done and while they were high, they were nowhere near this high:

LDH was 211
TRIGLYCERIDE was 99
FERRITIN was 307

Also my wbc is really going up fast. Originally back in March 14 it was around 2.3, then after Vidaza, it hovered around 1.3 from May until November. Now after my surgery in Nov., it keeps rising. Today I looked at it with my primary dr. and it was at 8.2 on 12/29. My primary thought that was good, but I know it's not. Unfortunately, I don't know the ANC.

Any help with understanding the numbers would be much appreciated. I know several of you have lots of experience with understanding test results.

Thanks,
Tracey