Thread: Transpalnt Date
View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 15, 2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Hi Data - are you still on schedule for admission tomorrow?
Scary and exiting time -but I know you'll do great - you're in my thoughts - stay strong and positive -
Best,
Paul
Paul,
Thanks for inquiring about me. I am not on schedule for the transplant. The bone scan (that the doctor ordered two days before my pre-admission ate) showed that I had possible (emphasis on possible) metastatic prostate cancer in several places. Now he want me to see another doctor and inevitable more tests. In the discussion today he said given my monosomy 7 and the gene mutations, I had about a 30% chance of cure and if that was successful my median survival time was 3 years. My thoughts are I am going to go through with all this crap to extend my life 3 years when probably one year of it will be fighting GVHD. I am just not sure the benefits outweigh the problems and limited success probabilities. I am considering bailing on the whole process.

Data