View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 7, 2016, 08:50 PM

Hi Carole - glad you are doing so well and able to ask relatively mundane questions about eating tempeh!

I'm six months out and have started eating out carefully at restaurants and cooking meat to medium instead of charred - Otherwise very careful - Im told there is a risk to everything --- I haven't asked my Dr. about fermented food - but I have been told its OK to take probiotics - and I have eaten kim chi without getting sick -But I have an appointment tomorrow and will I'll ask my doctor - I'd think fermented food have good bacteria, not deadly - but I really don't know and don't think about taking my advice. Why is it hard getting an answer? Are you eating the fermented food raw (cold kimchi) or cooked (tempeh) -

I think we have to balance the risks we take - Springsteen concert - worth the risk - tempeh - not so sure - kimchi - maybe a little -

Keep doing well!!

Best,
Paul
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015