View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 11, 2016, 10:24 AM

Greg, your path seems similarly to mine. I had 15-19 percent blasts when after diagnosis. Immediately I started the first of eight cycles of Vidaza in preparation for transplant. After two cycles of Vidaza my counts were heading in the right direction. The numbers continued to improve until transplant while getting ready.

I felt fine during those eight cycles (seven consecutive days of Vidaza and 21 days off). I golfed and walked the six mile course right up until the week of the SCT. Often I would golf right after the SubQ shots. By about Day six of each cycle I slowed down a little. I never experienced nausea or much of anything significant. The most important effect for me was making sure that constipation did not become a problem. The anti-nausea pills will cause constipation and it is very important not to ignore. Get your MiraLax ready. I started with it the day before starting each cycle.
I wish you the best.

Last edited by bailie : Mon Apr 11, 2016 at 05:44 PM.