View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 2, 2022, 01:35 PM

Dear mola-tecta,

I am sorry that you've dealt with blood diseases with both of your parents. It is difficult to let go of the fear, considering your dear father had leukemia. I am so very sorry for your terrible loss. I really don't know what to say.

Different hematologists say different things. My mother's is not that great, but she does give some okay info at times, especially on things unrelated to aplastic anemia lol. During our last visit, though, I left her office, thinking that she knows knows little about her disease. It really hit me hard after she admitted that she is no longer comfortable treating her. She said that disease is very complicated and is "immune-mediated", putting it in a special category.

I do believe that your mother is on her way to a full recovery from the disease somehow. It still may be a while before it all goes away. My mother still gets blood a few times a month (2 to 4). Your mother is only getting blood 1 time a month, which is absolutely fabulous. Every aplastic anemic's recovery looks different. My mother's blood goes way up and way down, and is all over the place. Her platelets are now having trouble holding at 10.

I am here for you. We'll get through it somehow.

My mother gets blood drawn tomorrow and I literally get sick to my stomach when I read the results.

Best wishes to your dear mother.

Last edited by Matthew42 : Wed Feb 2, 2022 at 02:23 PM.