View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 9, 2022, 09:48 PM

Thank you so much Sally C!

Very interesting, all of that. I appreciate it so much. It's education for me, too.

We were told that things can "come and go" in bone marrow biopsies. An abnormality can just vanish in the next biopsy. This is the bizarre nature of aplastic anemia, PNH and MDS. They are all very unpredictable in this regard.

My mother's current hematologist told us that some people with bone marrow failure have "unknown" diagnoses. It's not technically MDS, aplastic anemia or any other bone marrow disease.

My mother currently has classic aplastic anemia, but who knows, really? She's almost 10 months out from horse-atg with only real lasting improvement in her neutrophil line. She has natural rises in blood from time to time, but she always drops back down into transfusion territory. And, as I often repeat, her platelets have always been under 20 a few days after a transfusion. Now, they're back in the single digits a few days after a transfusion. Not sure what is going on. We think it's the pentamidine drip she had two weeks ago. Who knows???

Give your husband my best wishes.