View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 1, 2022, 10:41 AM

Thank you so much, dear Marlene.

We're seeing my mother's hematologist next week regarding the new treatment. I believe it's Rapaymycin/Rapamune added to the cyclosporine. Dr. Young's team has done clinical trials with this drug where it's been added to horse-atg/cyclosporine treatment if a person doesn't get off transfusions by month 9 or so. I don't think Dr. Young wants my mother to do the rabbit-alg now. All that said above, it might not be Rapamycin/Rapamune, but from what I gathered from research, I bet it is.

At any rate, platelets are holding a tiny bit better than the past month, and she went almost 2 weeks on one unit of blood. That's really good for her. Normally she needs transfused by day 8 or 9. This time, she stayed at 8.5.-8.7 for well over a week. Unfortunately, all of sudden, her blood dropped down in the low 7's from 8.5. It's just bizarre how her body works. Very strangely, she also gets spontaneous rises where she will go from 7.5 to 10.3 (not transfused-induced rises) and then drop back to 7.0.

Her neutrophils are still holding around 1000, which is really good. ATG did something to make her neutrophils stay up for the past 3 months or so.

I wish everyone happiness and the best of health.

Last edited by Matthew42 : Tue Mar 1, 2022 at 10:52 AM.