View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 13, 2022, 12:04 PM

I also wanted to say that I very much value Dr. Young's expertise on my mother's aplastic anemia. Even though we never spoke to him in person, he and his team time took time to assess my mother's condition, and came back with a future treatment plan, should she need it.

I forgot to say: Dr. Young said "no" to rabbit-alg for now. He believes that Campath would be a much better option (more likely to work), as it works differently than atg. Rabbit is just a stronger version of horse-atg, working, more or less, in the same fashion as horse-atg. He is also concerned that rabbit-atg could cause negative changes in her bone marrow, which would not be the case with Campath. But, he didn't rule out the rabbit, but said it would be a last resort.

He said, basically, that it's still a waiting game to see if the horse-atg works its mojo in the next 5 months or so. She seems to be a very, very, very slow responder but indeed a responder because of her improved neutrophil line and increased cellularity in bone marrow.

Now, we know where things stand. If things don't improve in the next 5 months or so, we're not going to wait the full 2 years because of iron overload, etc. We will do the Campath by late summer/early fall.

Last edited by Matthew42 : Sun Mar 13, 2022 at 12:22 PM.