View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 30, 2022, 09:41 AM

I was rather stunned again that when my mother had her routine bloodwork on Monday her counts were even better! Hemoglobin went all the way up to 10.2 on it's own, and platelets were at 54! She has not gotten blood in 5+ weeks and no platelets in 4 weeks.

The hematologist didn't seem to be that impressed though? I can only assume he is being cautious and not wanting to jump the gun on it. But man, I just want some feeling of positivity from him sometime. I recognize that her counts may drop again and fluctuate because that happens even in normal blood. But I have never seen my mother's platelets actually rise on their own like this.

White cell counts, including neutrophils, were actually normal this test too. ANC 2.3, ALC 1.4, WBC 4.3.

Matthew42, I am glad that your mother is also showing signs of improvement. Needing less blood is a great thing! The longer the times between transfusions, the better. I don't know much about how hemoglobin and RBC are correlated, but it's interesting to see how they change. Hoping that your mom is feeling decent as well, my mom is still having side effects from being on prednisone so long as well as cyclosporine just being a real pain of a drug.