Thread: New
View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 25, 2007, 05:42 AM

Suggest maybe you get a 2nd opinion.

Hi Wattle,

Sounds to me like you need to get a 2nd opinion? If you can afford one that is. Otherwise read all that you can on these forums and make a written list of questions to ask your doctor when next you see him/her. It's no use going to see the doctor with questions in your mind only as one often feels intimidated during the consultation. If you have a list of questions then you can tackle them one at a time and write down the answers. Even if you don't understand the answers the doc gives you, at least you can come back to these forums and ask fellow MDS patients their explanations.

I have learn't little about MDS from my doctor - most information has come from the Internet. It also took my doctors about 8 weeks (and 4 BMBs) to come to the conclusion that I had MDS. For the first 6 weeks I was told that I had AA, then AML, then back to MDS (which I was far happier with than AML I can tell you!!)

I pray that your doctor is mistaken and that your diagnosis will be something more easily treatable than any of these bone marrow diseases.

Think positive at all times - your body will respond to a strong mind.

Take care
Kevin