Thread: Worried in Ohio
View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 31, 2007, 02:21 PM

Hi Rhonda - I went through 4 cycles with vidaza, and it didn't help me either. In fact, my counts dropped dangerously low, that's when the doctor and I decided it wasn't for me. Revlimid at 10mg didn't work for me either, and after a short hospital stay because of fever and low counts, I went back on it at 5mg. It is about the same time I started taking shark liver oil. I have been transfusion free for 15 weeks now. I do not know if it is the chemo, the shark liver oil, or all that praying, but something is sure working for me. The shark liver oil is relatively cheap and you can find it online. My doctor was fine with my taking it. I would suggest asking the doctor about the slo and then ask for some divine guidance. It can't hurt to ask. Good luck and I hope your uncle finds something that will work for him.
Tom, age 56, diagnosed with MDS RAEB Oct of 2006. Previously treated w/ vidaza, unsuccessfully. Revlimid successful 1 year. Progressed to AML 4/08 w/ 20% blasts, now in remission. BMT to take place 10/08.