Thread: Mom in hospital
View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 11, 2007, 07:30 PM

Mom in hospital

Mom was diagnosed with MDSin 04 and has been getting procrit shots weekly and it has kept in under control. A couple of weeks ago my Mom had a bone marrow biopsy done and it went horribly wrong with her getting a large hematoma behind her gluteal muscle and had to have surgery to remove the hematoma. She is still in the hospital with pain in her hip where the surgery was done and she still has issues with her leg from the Hematoma and cannot get out of bed on her own. She is only 65 and was in good shape up till this point. Now her doctor wants to start her on Vidaza even though she is basically bedridden with this other condition. She just started physical therapy yesterday and has made no progress in that department so I was wondering if it was a good idea for her to start the treatments in case the side effects kick in and put her in worse shape than she is now. Please keep in mind she was sedated for 7 days and took no solid food and very little fluid that whole time and she is only 3 or 4 days removed from being in this state and is just now getting to feeling better. Sorry this is rambling I am a mess right now.