Thread: New
View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 16, 2007, 03:17 PM

Get another doctor ASAP!!

Your test results are yours and you can demand and get them. We always do. If you were at the recent meet in Las Vegas, you would have met several of us who are keeping critical test results on spread sheets. Kirby Stone gets the award from me as having the best and helping me improve mine.

But more importantly, docs can be wrong! Since we returned from Las Vegas, we have been questioning why B6 is helping Paul with his diagnosed MDS. Last blood test is now almost normal. I sat for hours pouring through his various tests. There had been 1 very scary test that was way lower in every area than his previous tests, even the one just a week or so before, as well as those that followed within 11 days. Everyone, except the hematologist (voted one of Phoenix's best hematologists), who can't understand why Paul is doing so much better. has come to view that test as a fluke. BUT, it was upon that test that his diagnosis, plus the bone marrow biopsy, was based. Because it seemed to drop so fast and hard, it propelled everyone into action. That combined test result was sent to the MDS Center at Stanford and they concurred with his diagnosis. We are soon to go to a different BMF center to get a completely 2nd opinion. Our internist shared with us (after my findings) that he has felt for sometime that Paul must be misdiagnosed. He felt that, but he never pushed us to get another opinion. There's a lot to learn from this story and our story is by no means complete. But the first lesson is to get ALL your information and keep track of it. Insist that your doctor talks to you. It really may be a matter of life and death!!