View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 29, 2007, 06:12 AM

Swelling of the face with Revlimid

My father was on 10 mg Revlimid for only 6 days.

Day 1, 2: Dad felt incredible scalp itch. He took benadryl to calm it.

Day 3 - 5: Diahrrea with little bit of blood in stool; diahrrea discontinued, but there still persists little bit of blood in stool

Day 5- present: Face swelling; initially around the eyes and forehead. Still a little bit of itchy scalp. Plus, a rash on both forearms and around the legs.

Day 7: took father to ER and ER M.D. gave him Predisone for 3 capsules.

I would like to know if other patients who have taken Revlimid have experienced similiar side effects. Did anyone experience the swelling of the face with Revlimid?

Needless to say, we had a follow up with hematologist today (Friday) and we have stopped Revlimid. There is still a lot of face swelling but probably due to the Predisone.

Any insight or any experiences to share?

I should mention that dad is also on Exjade, 500 mg everyday.

Plus, a little background of dad: RCMD; platelets and wbc's were in the normal low range, but have always remained steady. The only problem is rbc's with hgb hovering around 7-9. Transfusion dependent every 2 weeks.
June, daugther. 71 yr old father dx on 01/13/07 with MDS/MPD - RCMD/Secondary MF). No excess blasts no excess chromosomes. Hypercelluar 70-80%. Low hgb. Transfusion dependent every 3-4 weeks/2pints. Began Procrit on 03/27/07. No progress thus far. Taking Folic Acid, B6, CoQ10, and Cod Liver Oil